Analysis of Fixtures for Man City, Arsenal, and Liverpool in Premier League Title Race mentioned in Sky Sports Football News

3 min read

Manchester City and Liverpool still have to face Tottenham. Arsenal now has the easiest run-in on paper. The title chances for Liverpool have dropped to just 0.1 percent. Meanwhile, Man City has one game in hand and sits one point behind Arsenal in the Premier League table.

The Premier League title race is heading to the wire. Pep Guardiola’s Man City have one game in hand over their rivals, but it’s a tricky tie at Tottenham on May 14, just five days before the final day. There is a focus and discipline and attention to detail on the pitch in their defensive work – and six clean sheets on the bounce is a hell of an achievement in any season. They maybe had a bit of a wobble, the Villa game and obviously in the Champions League, but that can happen.

They’ve got back on the bike and demonstrated that they have moved forward as a club, moved forward as a coaching team, moved forward as a group of players and are nowhere near the position they were in last season.” The one doubt is the Old Trafford game. With that result at the City Ground, I think the title is Manchester City’s now. Pep, given the standards he sets, will certainly be concerned with the chances they gave up in the first half, but they had a lot more control in the second half.

It’s the same old story with City, even when they are not at their best. They know how to win football matches, they have good options off the bench, and they have got into a really good habit of winning matches in recent years. At the moment, the scales are leaving Liverpool looking up rather than down and nothing is in their hands. The players have chosen the wrong time to go through a blip.

It’s not the exciting, free-flowing Liverpool we’re used to. “Looking back, the Merseyside derby and now the draw at the London Stadium will likely be pinpointed as where Liverpool lost their way. “But Jurgen Klopp remained unfazed by any talk of a title collapse. Manchester City have a tough away day at Spurs on May 14 and face Wolves, Fulham, and West Ham.

Additionally, City also face Wolves, Fulham, and West Ham, all of whom typically sit deeper and possess counter-attacking threats. On paper, Arsenal has the easiest run-in with the average position of upcoming opponents ranking around midtable at 10.3. Manchester City are favorites to win the title with a 65.2 percent chance, followed by Arsenal (34.8 percent) and Liverpool (0.1 percent) according to Opta’s supercomputer.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours